Sunday 26 February 2012

blog recipe #45 of 365 Spinach Fruit Salad

Hello everyone! hope you all had a great weekend!! 
Tonight I made one of my favorite salads!!! It is so crisp, refreshing and easy to make! I always eat it with raspberry vinaigrette, but I am always hesitant to buy dressings! they make me uncomfortable obviously because they are going to have to have some kind of preservative for the shelf life. I started making my own dressings a few years ago, but have never tried to do a raspberry dressing! so tonight I gave it a whirl 8) It turned out awesome!!! which is very exciting for me! The only one I have left to try to figure out now is the ginger dressing 8) (stay tuned for that.....It will happen)
This recipe is gluten free and dairy free!! 
Happy Cooking


Spinach Fruit Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Preptime: 10-15mins

2-3 cups of Spinach
½ cup Strawberries (chopped)
½ cup Blueberries
½ cup Blackberries
½ cup Kiwi (peeled and sliced)

Dressing
½ cup Raspberries
1 Tbsp Avocado or Coconut oil (melted)
1 Tbsp Red wine or Raspberry vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
½ Tbsp Agave nectar

In a large bowl, mix together the spinach and berries.  Set aside.
For the dressing, puree the raspberries.  Whisk the pureed raspberries, oil, vinegar, mustard and agave nectar until smooth/ well blended. (a magic bullet works awesome for this)
Pour dressing over the salad.  Serve immediately.




No comments:

Post a Comment