Saturday 4 February 2012

blog recipe #24 of 365

Good evening everyone 8)
Today was banana bread day!  My banana bread recipe is definitely gluten free and very healthy 8) I use amaranth flour, and honey instead of sugar and regular flour.  Feel free to use spelt or quinoa flour also.  I really like my banana bread to be super moist, so I add extra bananas to mine 8) and because I am a chocaholic I add organic dark chocolate chips.  This recipe is my basic recipe, if you are interested in variations stay tuned.......I have another 11 months to go 8)


Banana Loaf
Preptime: 15 mins  Cooktime: 45-50mins

1 1/2 cups spelt/amaranth flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 Tbsp earthbalance butter
2 Tbsp honey
2 eggs, beaten
4-6 mashed overripe bananas
½ cup dark chocolate chips (70% or higher) optional

Preheat oven to 350 ͦ F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
In a separate bowl, mix together butter and honey. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.  Add chocolate chips if desired.  Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.


This recipe is gluten and dairy free 8)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your recipe site.
    its good. we need more recipe. Thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete