Thursday 2 February 2012

blog recipe #22 of 365

Good evening everyone 8) tonight is soup night!! I made curried cauliflower soup, Ive tried this soup a few different ways, and so far the curry flavoring was the best! I made it with yellow curry, but I think next time I going to try to make it with red curry and see how it turns out 8) dont be scared about the apple in it, it adds a sweet compliment to the spice!! I always know when one of my recipes turns out when my super picky 5 year old gobbles it up! and she did this time 8) so hopefully you all like it too!


Curry Cauliflower Soup
Prep time: 12mins  Cook time: 55mins

4 cups of vegetable broth
1 large head of Cauliflower (in pieces)
1 medium fennel bulb (sliced)
1 medium sweet onion (sliced)
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 medium granny smith apple
½ cup cooked quinoa
1 Tbsp marjoram
1 Tbsp yellow curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp greek yogurt (optional)
1 Tbsp parmesan (optional)

In a large, pot sauté the onion, fennel and garlic until fragrant.
 Add the vegetable broth, cauliflower and spices.
 Cook on medium for 20-30 mins, then add the apple.
Cook for an additional 15-20 mins.  Turn off the heat and let cool for 10 mins.
Add the quinoa, and hand blend until smooth and creamy, to make it extra creamy add in 2 Tbsp greek yogurt.
Sprinkle a little Parmesan for garnish.



This recipe is gluten free, can be dairy free with out the yogurt and parmesan

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved this soup. And its so easy to change up the taste, with different spices. Its the go to soup for me.

    Thanks Cejaye for the cooking discovery this last week.
    Luv Karen

    ReplyDelete