Friday 3 February 2012

blog recipe #23 of 365

Hello everyone 8)
Tonight I made Hummus!! my favorite everything spread!! I use hummus on quesadillas, sandwiches, crackers, veggies, fruit even in my egg salad!!  Hummus is high in protein and omegas, which makes it a fantastic snack 8)
I do have a few different variations of hummus, but I started with the basic recipe.  I love drizzling balsamic reduction sauce on top, it adds just a touch of sweet!


HUMMUS
4 cloves of garlic
2 cans of chick peas( garbanzo beans)
1/3 cup tahini
2 lemons (juice)
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
Put all ingredients in a blender/processor, blend till smooth but still textured.
Drizzle balsamic reduction sauce on top. (optional)
Serve veggies, crackers, pita chips or bread.



Balsamic Reduction:
Whisk 1-2 cups of balsamic vinegar quickly and constantly on medium heat for about 10-15 mins.  Consistency will be a little bit thick, and will have a sweet taste.

This recipe is gluten and dairy free!

No comments:

Post a Comment