Thursday 9 February 2012

blog recipe #29 of 365

Hello everyone!! I really did have planned to blog earlier today...... but it didnt work out so well today.  My original plan today was to make almond butter granola, which I did and then failed miserably hahahaha.  I was very mentally distracted today.....I had preheated the oven, but didnt put the granola in for 45 mins after it was heated!??? that was the start, now I know that I am suppose to stir my granola every 5 mins...........but I forgot I had even put it in!!! so it sat in the oven for a half hour oooooooops!! it was definitely burnt! even my raisins had even turned back into grapes (which by the way I didnt even know could happen!!!) so needless to say I had to make something else for you today lol, but I am certainly going to try again tomorrow when I am no so distracted hahaha.  So tonight I bring you homemade HEALTHY chicken strips!!! My girls even prefer these ones over the store bought (thank goodness)

My recipe isnt gluten free, BUT to make it gluten free, just find your favorite gluten free bread or crackers to use!! This recipe is dairy free 8)



Chicken Strips
Preptime: 20 mins  Cooktime: 20mins

2-3 chicken breasts (cut into slices of preferred size)
2 eggs (beaten)
½ cup coconut/almond flour
3 Pieces of sprouted organic whole grain bread (toasted)
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
½ tsp cayenne pepper

Pre heat the oven 350  ͦF
In a medium bowl add eggs and Dijon mixing well.  Set aside.
Pour the flour on to a plate.  Set aside.
Put the toast, garlic powder, pepper, ground flax and cayenne pepper into a food processor.  Blend until the toast resembles crumbs (be care not to over process).  Place mixture on a plate.
Take chicken pieces one piece at a time, dip into the flour to evenly coat, then dip into the egg mixture to coat, and finally dip into the bread mixture to coat.
Place the bread chicken piece on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
Repeat for all chicken pieces.  Bake for approx. 20 mins, or until chicken is cooked through.


No comments:

Post a Comment