Thursday 23 February 2012

blog recipe #42 of 365

Hello everyone!
Tonight I was being alittle brave, and tried something a little bit different! I invented salmon tacos!  I had left over salmon but wasnt sure what I wanted to do with it, and I had a huge craving for homemade salsa 8) sooooo I decided to throw them together and make tacos!! It was a very interesting combo, I really liked it....hopefully you do to
To make this recipe use brown rice wraps, and to make it dairy free try soy alternatives (but if you want my option try with out dairy and soy, its healthier and still very delicious)


Salmon Tacos with Citrus Salsa
Preptime 20mins Cooktime: 20mins

2 filets of salmon
2-4 tortillas
¼ cup grated mozza
2-4 Tbsp organic sour cream (optional)
½ cup spinach
1 tomato
2 tomatillos
1 small jalapeno
1 orange pepper
1 Tbsp grapefruit
1 Tbsp orange
2 Tbsp onion
2 cloves of garlic
Juice of half a lemon
½ Tbsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 375  ͦF
Place salmon on baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 mins or until cooked.
Chop tomato, tomatillos, jalapeno, orange pepper, grapefruit, orange and garlic.  Mix together in a medium bowl with the lemon and olive oil.
In a tortilla add the cooked salmon, salsa, spinach and any extras such as the mozza and sour cream (optional).
Repeat for any additional tortilla.



No comments:

Post a Comment