Monday 13 February 2012

blog recipe #32 of 365

Good evening everyone!! Tonight I promised a friend that I would be doing peanut butter muffins.....but it didnt work out today 8( so I am sorry for that, but I super promise that will be tomorrows blog 8) but tonight I bring you ginger chicken stirfry!!! super quick and easy, which was definitely needed today!  I like to be inventive with my stirfry's so today instead of rice or noodles, I used amaranth!! 8) and yes, I included instructions on how to cook it!! Its the same as cooking rice!
Amaranth, is a very health packed grain that is very high in protein and omegas!! which rice is not....You can use amaranth the same as you would quinoa if your familiar with it!  You can use it in stirfry, meatloafs, anything stuffed (zucchini boats), salads, soups, as a cereal, on top of pudding, in your baked goods ect.
Very versatile 8)
This recipe is dairy free and gluten free


Ginger Chicken Stirfry
Preptime: 10mins  Cooktime: 25-30mins

2 Chicken breasts
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2-3 Tbsp Ginger soy dressing
¼ cup chopped Red Pepper
¼ cup chopped Red onion
½ cup chopped kale
½ cup Amaranth
1 cup Chicken broth
1 tsp ground sage
1 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp cayenne pepper

In a medium pan add coconut oil and chicken.  Cook on medium.
Meanwhile in a small pot add amaranth, chicken broth, sage, ginger, and cayenne pepper.  Bring to a boil, then turn down heat to about 3 (medium-low) and simmer for approx. 20 mins or until liquid absorbed.
When the chicken is thoroughly cooked (approx. 10-15) add onions, peppers, and ginger soy dressing.  Simmer for another 10 mins.  Then add the kale pieces, cook for 5 mins more. 
Serve chicken mixture on top of the cooked amaranth.



This is the dressing I used for the sauce 8) very yummy!

1 comment: