Wednesday 15 February 2012

blog recipe #34 of 365

Hello my friends!! 
The other day I had my friend Shannon over for a visit 8) and of course we were talking about food (I am always talking about food) I LOVE food! so anyways, she gave me her baked oatmeal recipe! It sounded super good, so for lunch that is exactly what I made 8) I did however put my own spin on it like I do to all recipes.....I added a whole bunch more stuff to amp up the nutrition (not that it wasn't great before, cuz it totally was). This recipe is great for breakfast, or a snack. (I even enjoyed it at lunch) I hope you enjoy Shannons Amped up Baked Oatmeal. 


Baked oats
Preptime: 8mins  Cooktime: 50mins

1 cup of Oats (not quick)
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup Water
2 Tbsp Maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 Tbsp Raisins
1 Tbsp slivered almonds or pecans
2 tsp ground flax seed
2 tsp chia seeds
2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350  ͦ F
Put all ingredients into a baking dish, and mix well.
Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until liquid absorbed.
Top oat meal with Greek yogurt, or yogurt cheese, chopped nuts, or chocolate chips ;)

This recipe is gluten free, and can be dairy free with out the yogurt (try coconut yogurt)

No comments:

Post a Comment