Thursday 5 January 2012

blog recipe #4 of 365

Good evening everyone 8)  Today I made my favorite chicken dish.  I found this chicken recipe last year, and thought I would give it a try.  I liked it but I thought it was missing something, so I played around with it....I now feel like its perfected to my liking 8)  Its actually a quick easy dish and has a ton of flavor!! I hope you enjoy!! I know @realtormom3 and her girls love it 8)


Greek Chicken Roll                        prep time: 15mis.  Cook time: 30

4 thinly sliced chicken breast or 2 breasts cut in half lengthwise
½ cup cooked quinoa
1 egg
1 clove of chopped garlic
1 Tbsp chopped red onion
1 Tbsp chopped orange pepper
1 Tbsp chopped tomato
2 Tbsp crumbled feta
2 Tbsp basil
1 lemon
1Tbsp olive oil
Pre heat oven to 375 ͦF
In a small pot add ½ cup of quinoa, add 1 ¼ cup of water.  Bring to a boil.  Once boiling, turn heat to medium to low, cover with a lid.  Let simmer for approx. 15 mins or until water is absorbed.
In a bowl, mix together garlic, red onion, orange pepper, tomato, feta, 1 Tbsp of basil, pepper and egg.
In a cup mix together juice from one lemon, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp basil, and a dash of pepper.
Once the quinoa is cooked, you’ll have about 1 cup, measure out a half cup and add to the veg and egg mixture.
Lay the chicken out on your cutting board, spoon mixture on to chicken.  Roll the chicken and place into a deep baking dish.  Once all the chicken is rolled and into the baking dish, pour lemon mixture on top.
Place lid on dish, and put in the oven.  Bake for 30mins.
Serve with your favorite vegetable dish.

This recipe gluten free, but unfortunately there is no dairy free alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment