Tuesday 17 January 2012

blog recipe #16 of 365

Good evening everyone!!
Tonight I chose to do a side dish!  Its a great compliment to any dish, I learned to cook zucchini like this from my mother in law! and I just loved it!! So here is my version that I came up with after playing around with spices 8)


Crisp Ginger Zucchini
Prep time: 8mins  Cook time: 14mins

4 Medium Zucchini
2 Tbsp Amaranth or Quinoa flour
2 Tbsp ground Ginger
1 Tbsp Garlic powder
2 tsp pepper
1-2 Tbsp Coconut oil

In a large pan, heat oil on medium heat.
Meanwhile put flour, and spices into a large Ziploc.
Cut zucchini 1’’ thick, place in the Ziploc with the flour mixture and shake until coated.
Add zucchini to the warmed pan, lightly sauté for 5-7 mins.   Flip zucchini and lightly sauté on the other side for 5-7 mins.
Serve immediately!  Tastes great with greek yogurt or hummus.



This recipe is gluten free, and dairy free (if served without greek yogurt)

No comments:

Post a Comment