Thursday 19 January 2012

blog recipe #18 of 365

Hello everyone 8) tonight's recipe is an interesting one.  I created it on a whim, trying to clean up the last of my groceries before grocery shopping day 8) It turned out surprisingly well!! I had no idea what it would taste like, and I got lucky!! My kids both gobbled it up and asked for seconds.....which NEVER happens lol.


Beer soaked beans
Prep time: 10 mins  Cook time: 40 mins

2 cans of your favorite organic Beans (I used black and kidney)
1 can of Amy’s organic Tomato soup
1 can of O’Doul’s (or your favorite beer)
½ a Red Onion (chopped)
¼ cup Broccoli (chopped)
¼ cup Zucchini (chopped)
2 cloves Garlic (chopped)
4 Tbsp Honey

In a large pot, heat the beans, soup, honey and beer on medium.  Let simmer for about 15 mins.
Add the veggies, and cook for another 15-20 mins, stirring occasionally.
Serve on whole grain garlic toast, or brown rice.



This recipe can be gluten free if use rice or rice pasta, and it is dairy free!!!
enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment