Thursday 12 January 2012

blog recipe #11 of 365

Good evening everyone 8) I want to thank all my followers!! you guys are great and are really helping me stay motivated!! I appreciate all the wonderful comments! I hope there are many great days of cooking together! I would love to hear back about the recipes you try!
Tonights recipe is Avocado Salsa!!! It is a crisp, refreshing salsa! I served it with Sweet potato nachos 8)
Feel free to experiment with the amount of jalapeno pepper used for desired spice,  and I use oregano instead of cilantro only because I dont enjoy the taste of cilantro, but if you like feel free to use it instead 8)


Avocado Salsa
Prep time: 10 mins

1 Avocado
2 Roma tomatoes
2 Tomatillos
½ cup of Red onion
½ cup Yellow pepper (center cut out)
1 medium Jalapeno pepper (center cut out)
1 clove of garlic
2 tsp of oregano
1 tsp pepper

Chop everything very finely.  Lightly mix everything all together in a bow.
Chill and serve with multigrain chips or nachos.

 Salsa is dairy Free and Gluten free 8)
To make the nachos, I used sweet potato chips (terra brand).  Added cheese and cooked ground chicken.  Then baked them in the oven until cheese melted! 
Very delicious alternative to regular tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment