Monday 16 January 2012

blog recipe #15 of 365

Good evening all 8) So tonight I tried something alittle different and balzy hoping it would work out!! lucky it did, and Im so excited!!! Its an interesting combination, but dont be scared!! it was delicious! I wanted to eat two, but unfortunately my stomach could only accommodate one lol.
Tonight I made my take on a pizza calzone! I hope you try this one!!


Caramelized Onion and Broccoli Calzone
Prep time: 10 mins  Cook time: 20 mins

1 Tortilla (multigrain or rice)
¼ cup organic Tomato basil spaghetti sauce
¼ cup sliced Sweet onion
¼ cup thinly sliced Broccoli
¼ cup shredded partly skimmed mozza
1 Tbsp earth balance butter

Pre heat oven to 350 ͦ F
In a medium pan, add butter and onions.  Lightly sauté onions until they are soft.
Meanwhile, line a bake sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.  Place tortilla down, on one side, add tomato sauce, broccoli and cheese.  Once the onions are done, place them on top of cheese.
Fold tortilla in half and place in oven.  Bake for 10 mins, then gently flip tortilla fold over and bake for another 10 mins.
Remove from oven, let sit for 5-10 mins before eating.
To make more then one add the same amount of ingredients per tortilla





This recipe can be gluten free if you use a rice tortilla, but unfortunately is not dairy free.  However I am sure it would taste just as good without cheese 8)


Happy cooking my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment