Wednesday 14 March 2012

blog recipe #51 and #52 of 365 pecan pancakes and homemade jam

Good evening everyone!! Happy to have you all back!! 
Today's recipe is a double whammy 8) I love pancakes and so do my kids, but I'm not happy with the processed flour, and lack of nutrients. So I have been playing around with different ways of making them.  I have finally come out with a very delicious recipe!!!! but I find syrup a little too sweet for me, and I really like jam on them.  I however didn't have any so I though I would jimmy up some "homemade" jam 8) I was very impressed with it and it added a little something extra to the pancakes.  It also made me feel good knowing that it was only fruit and not alot of sugar or preservatives!!!


The pancakes are dairy free, can be gluten free and paleo approved. 
The jam is also dairy free, gluten free, and paleo approved.
Enjoy!!!


Pecan Pancakes
Preptime: 12mins  Cooktime: 10-15mins

1 cup of spelt or coconut flour
1 cup of pecans (crushed)
1 egg
½ cup of coconut milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon

Melt 1 Tbsp of coconut oil in a medium to large pan.
Meanwhile mix together all the indgrediants to make a batter, you may need to adjust the milk content depending on consistency.  You don’t want it to be too runny, but you also don’t want it to be so thick that it doesn’t come off your spoon.  In between is perfect.
Spoon the mixture on to the pan in the size you choose, cook until you see bubbles then flip.  You may need to flip a second time to have a nice brown color.
Serve with syrup, or with my homemade jam.

Homemade Jam
Preptime: 5mins  Totaltime: 5mins

1 cup of fruit of choice (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
1 Tbsp of honey

Add ingredients to a blender (magic bullet) and blend until smooth and creamy like.
Serve on pancakes, salad, chicken, toast ect.


No comments:

Post a Comment